Friday, March 21, 2008

I Got a Promotion!


A few years back I received a piece of mail from someone that was addressed to Colonel Anna Lastname. I thought it was so funny at the time. My husband isn't even on that side of the fence in the Air Force and somehow I am a Colonel?!

Today, I went out to the mailbox to get the mail to find a piece of mail for me, Colonel Anna Lastname, and this mail is from Armed Forces Insurance... I laughed all the way back from the mailbox. Maybe I should call them up and demand back pay for all the time I have served. I should ask them why I am being mistreated as a woman? Why am I stuck against this glass ceiling at home teaching two kids? I could be in that great sandbox and could really turn things around I tell ya! I could teach everyone of those Airman what a noun is for goodness sakes! ;)

I am now commanding my troops to stop sucking on their lollipops and to get in here and learn about the Babylonians! See! I am already commanding my troops around that great sandbox!

2 comments:

FHL said...

****chuckling****

Hope you and your troops have a wonderful Easter :-)

Anonymous said...

This is so cute! I must have missed this one earlier! I do have to tell you that your post really make my day sometimes. Reading them give me a little laugh and some extra bounch in my step after coming home from work/class when I'm tired/cranky (Yes sometimes I am both teheeheee. But you already know that!) Just wanted to say thanks for blogging so I can enjoy your funny life stories too!

Love you lots,
Rachel

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates