Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Recent Favorite Nature Shots

This is just a couple of nice nature pictures that I took recently. The top two are of a great white oak tree that is at the Zoo. It's limbs are so beautiful, almost sculptural. I have this thing for Oak trees and trees in general, so bear with me.


Doesn't it just make you want to hang a long swing?



This is a nice little picture of a Monarch butterfly at the insectarium in the zoo. The Girl also found a Monarch caterpillar while we were there and she picked it up, then she was corrected and then she dropped it. The caterpillar was rescued by a docent and taken to wherever they keep the caterpillars, which is evidently in a different place then the butterflies. The kids and I have discussed this and we decided that we have a new question to ask the docent when we go to the insectarium. "Where do you keep the caterpillars? Why do you keep them seperate from the butterflies? How do you keep them all seperate when the butterflies are bound to lay eggs that turn into caterpillars?" I am sure they want to run when they see me coming with my notebook of questions!



Click on pictures to enlarge.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

FHL said...

Proof that there's a lot to be said about the photographer vs. the camera! I love my camera and am now taking much better photos...but yours are gorgeous Anna! Love the second one of the tree!

Anna said...

Oh! Thank-you so much! I really do love doing photography and I am having so much fun with my new camera. I am so glad that I invested the money and bought what I did.

I am afraid that I could take pictures of nature stuff all day. The trees, the animals etc. The funny thing to me is that I was at a ZOO... and I took pictures of trees... heheh...

Anonymous said...

Ahhh........I love oak trees, I just love OAK in general, anything made of oak love it!!! Your right that is the perfect tree to hang a swing!!! Remember the tiny oak tree you brought from our previous home the last time you were in, well it is alive and well, some family hopefully will be able to hang a swing and watch children, or grandchildren enjoy the lazy days of summer!!!... Beautiful pictures, keep up the good work.

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates