Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Meet Chester

The other day we were out at the farm that we participate in. We do organic gardening there and have hatched ducklings and have done all sorts of things. My kids LOVE it there. That said... I was messing around taking pictures of some horses through a fence with my kids, when suddenly this guy shows up and this is how close he was.

"Why... um... hello there!" The kids and I kept backing up. We hadn't met this horse, actually I think he has only been on the farm for maybe a month. He was VERY outgoing.


"You want a drink? From the water bottle in my backpack you say? Well... I don't know, you know us people we carry some weird germs sometimes..."


"Really, sweet guy, I think it would be better if you got a drink from the large pool thing over there in the pasture. Much more to your liking I think."


"Nope, I don't think you can drink from a water bottle and nope, I don't want to see you try."


"Yes, you are taller then me, but that doesn't mean that you can take our water. You have your own."

This is when he wanted to smell me. I could tell. He kept getting closer...


And closer...


Finally, I had to push him back a bit. He looks apologetic. I feel bad... I didn't mean to hurt your feelings!!!


That was all the encouragement he needed! YIKES! I have horse snot on my lens!


Oh, he got distracted... a zucchini you say?!

Well! Forget the camera, there is a zucchini to check out!


I thought you should see all of this big guy. He is beautiful! (and attention getting).


I never knew that horses liked zucchini so much.


"What? At least I am not eating your water bottle or camera. Move along people, nothing to see here... just a horse eating a zucchini. "


YUM! He didn't even give me a chance to make some good bread out of it. Ah well...


I think he got offended. Anyways, this is our parting picture of Chester. Sweet Chester!

1 comment:

brian said...

He does actually look hurt and offended in some of these pictures, Anna. But truly, these things are hard to interpret.

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates