Wednesday, September 24, 2008

faith, hope and love

Sometimes in life we are led to things and sometimes they find us. One or the other happened the other night and the following small plaques and I met up at Target. As soon as I saw them I thought of someone very specific in my life.



I suppose you could say that this friend is a great believer in these three little words. Faith, Hope and Love. That in itself would have caught my attention, because she and I have spoken about this portion of scripture and how she would even like to have a sign hanging on her wall with this Scripture on it. When I saw them though what really caught my attention was that they had the Chinese characters on them as well.



You see, this same wonderful family is awaiting their daughter from China and I have been praying for this family and hoping for them and I have faith that this family will be together and the love will abound. See! The Scripture is perfect for them. The problem is the delays right now with Chinese Adoption and so we continue to hope and pray and have faith and we continue to love on one another until this little princess of God comes here and we can love on her



So you see... I had to buy these for my friend. I even eluded that I had something for her and would give the "small gift" to her the next day. Then I checked her blog and found that she had found the exact same items on the same day I did. So I decided to write this instead and I decided that I would keep these and use them as my own reminder. A reminder to pray for this family and a reminder to hold these three things even closer to my heart.

So, my dear friend, I hope you don't mind that I am keeping your gift (yikes!) and I hope you know how much I appreciate your friendship. Thank-you for your friendship!


And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love. 1 Corinthians 13:13

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

FHL said...

Oh my...I am in great need of a tissue. Anna I am so grateful that God brought your family into our lives. I so cherish your friendship and I am very very grateful for your prayers for our little girl.

Thank you for writing this...D is so confident that we WILL see our daughter someday. But I confess there are times when I feel like the adoption journey is a long dark tunnel and I wonder if our dreams will really come true on the other side. So many of our friends and family have stopped believing as well....the words they choose have unknowingly turned to "if you ever have a daughter"...from the "when"'s we used to hear. You're always there with a "when" and I can't tell you how much that means to me. OK, I'm getting drippier by the second. Thanks A.

Love M~

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates