Saturday, September 6, 2008

If Spiders Bother you Scroll on by...

A month or two ago, I was stepping into the house from being in the backyard and I saw a weird looking wolf spider. I stopped and turned back and saw this amazingness. I do not know if any other spiders do this, but wolf spiders will carry their egg sack around and they will also carry their babies on them once they are born. I have no clue how she carries so many babies but she does.

In the first picture you can see that she looks, well a little lumpy and odd.



In the second picture, if you look closely, which I have so nicely cropped in tight for you, you can see her and all her babies. Look at all those little spiders! Amazing!



This is her from another angle so you can see what she looks like as a hard working momma. Someone has to take care of this crowd and she has quite the job cut out for her. You can do it little friendly spider! Go with God and catch all those nasty flies and mosquitoes!



Feel free to click on these to be further shocked by how close I got to this spider!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kristen said...

I showed this post to Jeff who was equal parts intrigued and grossed out...not a huge spider fan my hubby. Very interesting though. Great photography.

FHL said...

Yuck! Interesting and I'm definitely going to share this with J, but yuck :o)

(How does she manage to keep them so neatly placed on her backside???)

Jenny said...

Adorable, yet very creepy at the same time. What I would like to know is WHY DON'T THE LITTLE KIDLETS RUN IN 50 DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS LIKE MINE DO!!!!

Jenny said...

I have to add, that when you click on that 2nd picture, you can see the hair on the spiders legs. *shiver*

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates