Sunday, October 5, 2008

for those of us thinking of kicking coffee to the curb...


In my post below this one, I didn't mention that I am actually really contemplating kicking the coffee addiction. I do not like being addicted to anything, and I tend to have issues with addiction. Not like BAD stuff... but I seem to become addicted to things easily. Like Cadbury Mini-eggs. We have discussed these things before here.

I hate having a pounding headache because I didn't get a chance to grab coffee on my way running out of the house in the morning. That drives me nuts and makes me feel that I am not in control. Not that I am a control freak. Nope.

Ok... then there are the health aspects. Coffee really isn't healthy. It just isn't. It just tastes great.

I ran across this blog and I really liked the sounds of it and would like to try this stuff, BUT I will need to get my grubby hands on it first. We will see if I can the next time I get to Whole Foods.

Why would I try this stuff? Well, to be honest, I love the taste of coffee and I like the "special" drink factor in the morning. I like that I have a nice warm something to kick my rear into action. Of course, when I give up my Joe I will have to deal with massive headaches and a lack of kick-my-rear-into-gearness, BUT... oh... see... there is the problem. I think about missing out on that Kick my Rear Into Gear goodness and I have problems letting go of the Joe.

I will let you all know if I can give up my Joe. I like to think that I can, but you know what? It is going to be a very hard addiction for me to break.

5 comments:

FHL said...

Well until you can get your paws on that teeccino....you may want to give World Market's Decaf a try. (Although I would mix it with some regular and gently wean away those headaches.) I've yet to find a Decaf to rival it and they have a coffee club for those of us that have a drinking problem ;o)

Susan said...

Don't do it!!!!! I'm totally projecting my fear of quitting on to you. I feel fine about my habit because I drink it black. At least that cuts down the calories.

Jenny said...

Like I said before...if you quit, that might mean we can't be friends. I don't think that I could be associated with someone that successfully gave up coffee. I can't seem to kick it.

brian said...

Don't do it, Anna. That's all I can say. I'm not projecting, either. Coffee is good for you...

Alison @ Wholesome Goodness said...

I look forward to hearing what you think of Teeccino! I'm loving it more and more. FYI, I just discovered that I can buy it at a steep discount through a Frontier co-op. I don't know if you have one in your area, but it might be a possibility. Also, if Whole Foods doesn't carry it, you can always ask them to start. With their emphasis on customer service, they'll usually oblige. Just some thoughts...

Best wishes on kicking the caffeine habit! I didn't like that feeling of being out of control either. :-)

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates