Thursday, October 9, 2008

miracles still happen

We have gotten so used to people shrugging things off as coincidence and "being lucky" that we have forgotten that sometimes there really are miracles. There is no such thing as coincidence.

Two weeks ago the kids and I were driving to the zoo and we were about half way there on a busy highway in the city when there was a loud noise and I looked back to see that The Boys window had completely shattered. It had blown in all over The Boy and portions of it were still hanging in the window and continued to blow in. I slowed down and put my four ways on and I prepared to get off the highway as soon as I could. I kept asking if everyone was alright and the kids seemed shaken and disturbed by this whole thing, but there were no tears and there was no screaming or extreme fright.

I pulled off and I started cleaning the mess up so we could drive back home. There was glass everywhere. It was still partially hanging in the window and we could hear it continue to crack and make a faint music.



I cleaned off The Boys booster seat and I cleaned out the glass hanging in the window. I left the glass laying on the floor for John to clean up at home.

The booster seat had pretty major scratches on the arm rest. The Boy had been sitting covered in shards of glass. He had been wearing nothing heavier then a T-shirt. Glass had flown over as far as The Girl when the window broke.

More then likely it was a rock kicked up by a passing vehicle and these things happen.



We drove home and talked about how amazing it was and is that none of us were hurt at all. Not one scratch, The Girl started praying immediately. She thanked God for keeping us safe. She prayed such a fervent heartfelt prayer of thanksgiving that I was choking back the tears.

I am still in awe that there was not one tiny scratch on my son. I find it so hard to understand and my very human brain wants to understand. I have tried to figure out what he was doing when the window broke. Was he reading a book? Was he playing his leapster? Did one of these things shield him somehow? My brain tries to make sense of it all while my sweet little girl just offers thanks to God.

“Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Whoever humbles himself like this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven."
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

FHL said...

"If you make the Most High your dewlling-even the Lord, who is my refuge-then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone." Psalm 91:9-12

Jenny said...

What an amazing post. Just amazing how God protected you all, not a sliver on The Boy, or the Girl, and you got to the side of the road without wrecking. God is totally awesome.

Susan said...

Thank God you guys are okay... My eyes are in tears. Thankful tears.

Ellen said...

Wow, Anna! I have to believe that it was the hand of God that protected your Boy and your Girl. Praise Him, indeed!

Simon said...

Praise the Lord the kiddos were okay!

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates