Monday, November 24, 2008

not me


Just participating in Not Me Monday here folks. I will tell you it has been an interesting day already.

I did NOT forget to brush my teeth last night upon going to bed, and previous to that I did NOT have chips and salsa. This morning I did NOT wake up to the sound of the trash truck outside my window and I did NOT jump out of bed toss on my husbands huge-on-me green fleece and some slip on shoes and run out waving to the trash man who was working now on the other side of the street. He did not look at me disgustedly as I grabbed my trashcan and run across the street. He did think I was a nut case and he did ignore the fact that I was not an apparition, an imagining of his poor crazy dreams.

I did Not run back inside hoping that my neighbors did not see me but knowing that at least one did as he drove to work.

After that, I did not get quite snippy with my children as they both seemed intent on eating but not on helping me get food on the table for them. Instead of helping me get things ready, they did not just slink into the livingroom into my praised book nook and I did NOT want to scream and take all the books away. I do not get really weird before my morning coffee. I Don't. Really. Stop looking at me that way.

I did not then just sit down and decide to do a Not Me post so that I could vent and drink my coffee and have a nice normal day. Nope. NOT ME! Cause I am always pleasant and sweet, I never greet a trash man in my pajamas, with horrid ate-salsa-the-night before breath and I NEVER get snippy with my kids.

I do NOT want to crawl back into my warm bed and pretend I didn't wake up to a dark overcast trash day morning.

To read more insane Not Me Monday posts, click on the Not Me box at the top of the post!

(Post on Bear coming up soon!)

6 comments:

Domestically Disabled Girl said...

I enjoyed your list. I am not currently snippy at my own children!

Jill said...

Sounds like you had quite a morning!
Great Not Me's!

kay said...

I would have loved to get back into bed this morning. Is it horrible that I am praying that the middle school I work at has a fog or snow delay tomorrow?

Jenny said...

I didn't get snippy with my kids this morning either when they refused to eat breakfast in a timely manner.

FHL said...

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one chasing down the garbage men in my jams! Actually, I wonder if they have a rather interesting morning on most days and if they talk about us back at the truck depot in a, "hey Joe, how many waving, half dressed, crazed maniacs did you see this morning?" type manner....hmmm...

Your blog looks beautiful Anna!

Keyona said...

Wheew! Sounded like a hard day!

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates