Sunday, November 23, 2008

widgets

~~~Update~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, I figured out how to do it, cause I am really smart and I know how to use Google. See how special I am!

So, these are the instructions for changing your template without losing your widgets.

Does anyone else think that "widgets" almost sounds like a naughty word? Please tell me I am not the only one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So, blogland, I have a dilemma. I really enjoy messing around with my template and changing it and I was all set to do so, and hit save and guess what? It informed me that I would lose all my widgets, even ones I thought I wouldn't. Those of you who are my Follow Me space? It said I would lose that.

Now, I really thought I would only lose those widgets from outside of Blogger, my widget from Compassion and my widget from the little tracker thingie that I can't remember the name of right now. BUT that isn't true. I will lose even the followers that I have now and so, I didn't change my template. There has to be a way to do it.

Can anyone tell me how? Do any of you know?

Please help me... I really wanted to put up a fun Christmas template.

4 comments:

Kristen said...

As to the term widget... Carmen, my high school friend, had a dog named Widget. I think of the dog every time I hear that word!!! Now who is the weird one?

FHL said...

Never thought of it....but it does sound slightly naughty!

Hope you can figure it out!!!

Ellen said...

I am so illiterate in this area...I have no clue what as to what is a widget.

Anastasia said...

Let me know when you change your backgrounds/template! That doesn't come through on Reader....

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates