Monday, April 6, 2009

pack?! who is next? quack?


Oh, I am sure many of you have gathered that I love books and I especially love children's books. I would have made a very happy children's librarian if God had not seen fit to give me the lovely job I currently have.

A favorite book of nearly every child I have known is Make Way for Ducklings and I just found that very story in the news. Unfortunately, one of the ducklings is missing.
Poor Pack got duckling-napped!


What can we do to help?! Well, I really have no idea what you can do to bring Pack back to the park, but I think that a good way to show support would be to run (yes run... you can do it) out to the nearest bookstore and buy a copy of Make Way for Ducklings. It has an amazing innate charm that kids love. Eveyone must know of some child who would love to own a copy of this fantastic book. We have one on our shelf and I think it is time to bring it out for reading tomorrow.

The only other way to help would be if say, you saw someone sneaking a large bronze statue of a duck into their house. That may clue you in to call the police. So everyone look out for wandering bronze ducks. Pack is missing. We need him home!

3 comments:

skissugar said...

what?? you mean the bronze duck wasn't a souvenir to take?? man.. now I gotta go back to the park.. no really who would take a bronze duck.. that is crazy!! Thanks for reminding me about this great book.. gotta go reserve it at the library :)

Susan said...

Duckling found!!! Pack is back. See this article from our local news. http://www.thebostonchannel.com/mostpopular/19113970/detail.html

FHL said...

Hooray! Thanks Susan for allowing my sadness to last only for a minute!!! :o)

J and I LOVE that story. (BTW, here's a wonderful study of it in the Five in a row books too!)

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates