Monday, August 3, 2009

reminder... sometimes i need these

****Updated to add that I just found that this is not quite correct. This is actually
by Dr. Kent M. Keith (often falsely attributed to Mother Teresa)
The last line is not one from Dr. Keith's original Paradoxical Commandments
it seems to have been added by.... anonymous. HOWEVER... I still like it. A lot. Enough to swipe it from a favorite blog of mine Quiet Life... and when she fixed who she attributed it to, then I had to do the same.

"People are often unreasonable and self-centered. Forgive them anyway.

If you are kind, people may accuse you of ulterior motives. Be kind anyway.

If you are honest, people may cheat you. Be honest anyway.

If you find happiness, people may be jealous. Be happy anyway.

The good you do today may be forgotten tomorrow. Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have and it may never be enough. Give your best anyway.

For you see, in the end, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway."

5 comments:

Jen said...

WOW - that is wonderful. I think I'm going to print it and put it somewhere I can see it often. Thank you for sharing it!

FHL said...

Love this!

Melyssa said...

Thanks for sharing Anna. I need a good reminder (more frequently than I'd like to admit) as well.

FHL said...

Such a sad little neglected blog :o) *wink*

Anna said...

It is sad... :( I am so sorry... but this is what happens when you lead cub scouts and coach soccer and help lead a homeschool group and help teach a small group and... man. I need to stop listing this cause it is making me want to take a LONG vacation!!!!

 

just to name a few... | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates